A Proven Program
Already successfully used by national childcare and education provider KinderCare Learning Centers, EmbarK¹² offers more than 1,200 fun, flexible learning experiences that engage young minds through interactive multimedia and online and offline activities.
Aligned to Standards / Research-Based
The EmbarK¹² program is aligned with Common Core and essential concepts of the National Association for the Education of Young Children and Core Knowledge Foundation, as well as national and state standards (where available).
The program was developed based on research from the National Research Council, American Psychological Association, National Reading Panel, National Math Panel, and American Educational Research Association.
How It Works
Young children delight in the world around them. They want to explore that world, express themselves, and connect with others. At the same time, they easily embrace exciting 21st-century technology. To meet children where they are, the building blocks of EmbarK¹² combine engaging interactive online lessons with hands-on learning materials, activities, and high-quality children’s literature.
"The EmbarK¹² program enables our classrooms to become a place of adventure. Our teachers take children on a journey where they discover new ideas and concepts, develop critical thinking, and explore a whole new world together."
Manager, Education Programs
KinderCare Learning Centers
- The curriculum includes 18 themes relevant to young children, such as "Family and Friends," "My Five Senses," and "Looking at Animals."
- In each theme, the instructor and students will explore six subjects: language arts, math, science, social studies, art, and music.
- Each subject comes alive through hundreds of online and offline activities.
The program is flexible, so the instructors can decide which themes, subjects, and activities they would like to delve into, or they can follow the curriculum sequentially. See our course outline.
- Unique EmbarK¹² flash cards that complement lessons provide visual cues for letters, words, numbers, shapes, colors, and more, as well as American Sign Language hand signs.
- Well-known children's books, such as Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? and The Little Engine That Could, help reinforce the concepts in each theme.
- Manipulatives help develop dexterity and strength in small hands and encourage kinesthetic learning.
|Learn Letters W and Y||Journey to The Letter Islands||Name That Animal!|
Shapes at Home
Spheres and Cubes
|The Human Heart||Seeds in Fruit||Sort Vehicles|
Senses Around the World
|What's Wrong Here?|
Art and Music
|Make a Shirt||Elephant Song||Funny Little Bug|